1. Competitors wishing to protest a decision of an event official must; first verbally protest to the official, at the event or by the end of the pull. If at all possible, the protest and appeal will be completed at the event of occurrence, unless all parties involved agree to postpone to a later, agreeable, date.
2. If, only after hearing the official’s explanation of the disqualification, the competitor still wishes to protest he/she will be directed to the Vice President, who will arrange a hearing of this appeal by the board members.
3. Board members as a group will hear the official involved and competitor’s version of the events.
4. Board members will rule according to current rules and instructions given at the driver’s meeting. (Nonattendance of the meeting will NOT excuse the competitors from compliance of all instructions given at said meeting) It will be the competitor’s responsibility to be knowledgeable with current rules: i.e. any claim of ignorance of a rule will NOT excuse a disqualification.
5. If no rules or instructions apply directly, the board will govern by the “spirit” of the intent of the rules and instructions. The board will also base these decisions of fairness and impartiality.
6. If at all possible, the protest and appeal will be completed at the event of occurrence, unless all parties involved agree to postpone to a later, agreeable, date.